The products produced, distributed and marketed by consumer goods companies are consumed every day by the average consumer. While CPGs represent a market that will always have consumers, it is highly competitive due to high market saturation and low consumer switching costs. Hence the industry is fiercely competitive. In order to survive and prosper, these companies need to be agile with speed and flexibility. Therefore IT is a core need . With the growth of all forms of media and opening up of hitherto uncharted areas the industry needs tools with simple frontends and sophisticated back-ends. Information is key to successful decision making be it forecasting or replenishment, distribution network planning, warehouse automation and management, advertising and promotion management, salesforce incentives, , multidimensional profitability analysis etc.
• We have worked closely with clients like Godrej Consumer, Camlin, Binzagr – Unilever
• We have developed solutions for this industry such as reverse pricing, scheme management, forecasting and replenishment solution, customer and vendor portal, mobile based sales force operations management, multidimensional profitability tying with financials, freight tool, blank cheque management among host of other things
The chemical industry is seeing a shift from commodity chemicals to specialty chemicals. The industry is undergoing major changes with mergers and acquisitions, product innovation and cost optimization.
The companies are facing margin pressures with cost of inputs, power and transportation going up, sales prices fluctuating and tighter environmental compliance requirements.
In such a scenario, it is obvious that the industry has turned to IT to help improve operational performance, comply with regulations, and better utilize the available resources.
Better visibility offered by IT is helping take decisions using information pertaining to product cost, production variances, inventory turnover, product traceability, quality management, multi-dimensional profitability analysis.
• We have worked closely with clients like Bayer, Dystar, Camlin Fine Sciences, Hindustan Polyamides, Supreme Petrochem
• We have developed solutions for this industry such as active ingredient pricing, product cost roll-up , Export and EoU management, time cycle report, freight tool, profitability analysis among a host of other things
• We the best solution to you by using the Best practices for the Chemical industry combined with a pragmatic approach. deliver
• Our people have worked with a number of chemical companies and know your business..
The pharmaceutical industry develops, produces, and markets drugs or pharmaceuticals licensed for use as medications. Pharmaceutical companies are allowed to deal in generic and/or brand medications and medical devices.
Bulk Drugs, Formulations
They are subject to a variety of laws and regulations regarding the patenting, testing and ensuring safety and efficacy and marketing of drugs The industry needs a robust IT system to help in achieving the desired targets. The specific areas for IT in this industry include :-
• USFDA 21 CFR Part 11, 210, 211
• Audit Trails
• E-records and use of Digital signatures
• Toll Manufacturing
• Mobile Salesforce operations
• We have worked closely with clients like Glenmark, Inventia, Flamingo Pharma etc.
• We have developed solutions for relevant for this industry such as product cost roll-up , Project systems for R&D, MRP and Capacity planning, Active Ingredient processing, Warehouse Management with barcode enablement using RF devices, electronic batch recording, Document Management System among host of other things
• We have also undertaken global Rollouts for this industry and BI implementation
The Engineering sector is diverse with a number of sub-segments. The heavy engineering segment is more project oriented while the light engineering sector is more production and services oriented.
However both make extensive use of desktop software such as CAD, MS-Project etc. Many have adopted to ERPs which provide budgeting, project management and operations, production planning, equipment utilization and maintenance and visibility of projects and jobs
• We have worked closely with clients like Enercon, Waaree, Schneider Electric
• We have developed solutions for this industry for large Projects as well as for small customer service engagements
• Our solutions include, variant configuration, order costing, project inventory, PWIP, Delegation of authority controls, project budgeting, project and job order profitability among other things
India is the largest diamond cutting and polishing centre in the world, Indian Diamond industry processes over 100 Million Carats of Rough Diamonds a year which is approx. 1 Billion stones a year. Indian Jewellery industry supplies to some of the best know jewellery brands in the world.
The industry is already quite tech savvy but limited to production using solutions such as SARIN™ in Diamond Industry and 3D printers in the jewellery industry.
• Intellect has developed a comprehensive solution for the Gems and Jewellery industry – GEMware. The solution takes care of Diamond and Jewellery industry specific requirements and overcomes the challenges without compromising on the security, robustness and features of SAP. Fewer screens and key strokes, Bar coding, Dual Units (Pieces and Carats), Inter Company transactions – Sales / Loan etc., Parallel Ledger, Interface with Rapaport, reports based on cost, price, estimation, stock in carats, stones etc.
• We have worked closely with SAP for this industry and with customers like Firestar Diamond
Retail is the sale of goods and services from individuals or businesses to the end-user. A retailer purchases goods or products in large quantities from manufacturers directly or through a wholesale, and then sells smaller quantities to the consumer for a profit.
The organized retail industry has always used technology and have in fact led other verticals in technology adoption such as forecasting and replenishment tools, bar coding, RFID, Data warehousing and now Big Data
• We have worked closely with clients like @Home, Godrej’s Natures Basket among others
• We have developed solutions for this industry such as forecasting and replenishment solutions, mobility solutions for salesforce and merchandizing operations